Write for us!
Interested in submitting a guest blog for EngagingPatients.org? We welcome contributions from people from across the continuum of care — practice settings, hospitals and health systems, rehabilitation care, long term care, home care — as well as patients, families, patient advocacy groups and suppliers supporting healthcare delivery.
Consistent with our mission, we are looking for contributions that illuminate the patient experience, offering insights and best practices for improving care delivery and outcomes by more fully engaging patients and families in care.
- Contributions must be fresh, not previously published online or in print.
- Length may range from 500-1200 words.
- Submissions should not promote products, though solutions may be discussed in generic terms.
- Links to supporting content (websites, blogs, studies, tools, etc.) are encouraged.
- Strong consideration will be given to contributions, featuring patient stories, patient-centered intiatives and methodologies.
- Article ideas or written contributions may be submitted for review to our EngagingPatients editors.
- EngagingPatients editors reserve the right to decline publication and to edit consistent with our website style and search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Written contributions must be submitted in Microsoft Word or RTF file format. No auto-formatting, please.
- Submissions will be acknowledged as received. Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection within two weeks.
- If contribution is accepted, an editor will contact the author to discuss potential photos and graphics. A brief author bio, photo and social media contact information will need to be submitted.
- EngagingPatients blog is published once weekly on Thursday afternoons.
- Contributions are typically scheduled two months out, but may be scheduled for an earlier and later date to align with our editorial calendar.